- Wednesday | September 27, 2017
- 12:00 pm
Decoding the Valuation Puzzle – How ad-valorem property taxes are controlled by the Property Appraiser and what can be done about it
- Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Speaker: Seth Lubin
- Free CLE (1 credit)
- Understanding the meaning of different values and how they are determined (e.g. market value, just value, assessed value, Save Our Homes Value, taxable value, etc)
- Understanding the Homestead exemption and Portability
- How ad-valorem property taxes are determined
- Challenging the valuation – administrative and judicial review
- 5 Biggest Myths about property taxes and appeals.