- This event has passed.
Primer on Real Estate Transactions (Free CLE for Tax Section Members)
September 14, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Originally presented by Stuart S. Rohatiner, CPA, JD, on Sept. 14, 2022, course number 6486 is approved until approximately Jan. 14, 2024, for 1.0 General; 1.0 Tax Law, and 1.0 Real Estate credits. Florida Bar members may self-report CLE credit through their member portals. Watch on YouTube.
Real estate is a big part of the U.S. economy. Since fall 2020, the real estate market has experienced incredible growth in Florida. Learn the important tax issues that will help you converse with clients and their accountants regarding strategies to minimize taxes. In this course, you will learn:
- General concepts of real estate taxation.
- Who is a real estate professional under the Internal Revenue Code?
- When is real estate taxed at ordinary rates?
- When is real estate taxed at capital gains rates?
- Strategies to minimize income taxes.
Lawyers, accountants, wealth advisors, real estate brokers and professionals are encouraged to watch.