- This event has passed.
Primer on Real Estate Transactions (Free CLE for Tax Section Members)
September 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Free Zoom webinar for Tax Section members by Stuart S. Rohatiner, CPA, JD, of Gerson Preston. Non-members register for only $75 (includes section membership). Course 6486 is approved for 1.0 General; 1.0 Tax Law and 1.0 Real Estate credits.
Real estate is a big part of the U.S. economy. Since fall 2020, the real estate market has experienced incredible growth in Florida. Learn the important tax issues that will help you converse with clients and their accountants regarding strategies to minimize taxes. In this course, you will learn:
- General concepts of real estate taxation.
- Who is a real estate professional under the Internal Revenue Code?
- When is real estate taxed at ordinary rates?
- When is real estate taxed at capital gains rates?
- Strategies to minimize income taxes.
Lawyers, accountants, wealth advisors, real estate brokers and professionals are encouraged to attend.