The Florida Bar Tax Section annually recognizes a government employee in the area of State or Federal Taxation for outstanding public service over the past year. We will present the award during the July 2-5 Tax Section Organizational Meeting at Amelia Island. Please email nominations to D. Michael O’Leary at [email protected] no later than April 20.
2020 MARVIN C. GUTTER OUTSTANDING PUBLIC SERVICE AWARD
STANDARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
- Demonstrates a positive attitude when dealing with taxpayers and representatives.
- Communicates well with taxpayer and representatives.
- Maintains professional decorum and courtesy in dealing with taxpayers and representatives.
- Participates in Continuing Legal Educational programs sponsored by the Tax Section or related CLE organizations.
- Resolves matters competently and quickly.
- Demonstrates personal candor as to the government’s positions in communicating with taxpayers, representatives or opposing counsel.
- Acknowledges material facts that are favorable to taxpayers.
- Is willing to consider alternative theories under existing law.
- Makes requests for only information and documents that are reasonable and relevant to the issued involved.
Promotes the practice of tax law through education of taxpayers and representatives regarding substantive and procedural rules of tax law.